Thursday, November 10, 2011

Please, Tell Me I'm Wrong






I knew you liked me from the start. Still, I never really payed attention to you, because I knew you would be there no matter what. You tried it all to catch my attention. You persisted until I noticed your value. You made me fall for you. But then, instead of catching me, you let me fall. You left me to fall into desperation, without even saying why. Even though you said forever, you left me to suffer. I guess you got your revenge. Revenge for the countless months that you longed for me. But, how could you? Something so beautiful was being created. I actually believed in you. I believed in us. Now, I don't even believe in myself. I can not believe how I was fooled. I was made an imbecile by the person I least expected. You got me. My heart aches. Would you grant me a last wish? A wish for those short days that we laughed together? Come and tell me yourself. Look in my eyes and tell me that it was all a maneuver. Tell me the truth. It will wound me terribly, but not beyond repair. Do this to me so that I can move on. I beg you.


I still hope you'll come to me and say that I've got it all wrong.

No comments: