Wednesday, July 18, 2012

You Left Me



I was so proud. So proud of being one of you. I never in my life expected you to turn your backs on me this way. Now I truly know that blood doesn't mean anything. Family? That's just a freaking word. You haven't just loosened the ties, you terminated it all. And to think that I dreaded the day that I would be able to see you again. Oh, how I missed all the holidays together. But now... Now I know that none of it will be back. All my fantasies of future moments are gone. Even if you turn around now. Even if you give me whatever real or not excuse you might think of, I assure all of you it will never be the same. People might forget things you have said or done, but never how you make them feel. Betrayal is what I feel. Disappointment. You have crushed me like no other. Everyone always says "family first" or "family always together." If this is true then you were never my real family. All of it was a simple illusion. "Family first"... Apparently you chose yours and left me out. I wish I could say "I don't blame you" or "It's understandable", but I would be lying. I loved you as being my flesh and blood; Where I grew up; Who I looked up to as a child; My foundation. You have managed to break it all to pieces, but no matter. I will gather every single one of them and rebuild my own foundation. This time relying in no one. You will one day look at me and think "I wish I hadn't turned my back on her".



No comments: